Bilingual Special Education Coordinator
|Organization||Latin American Montessori Bilingual Public Charter School (LAMB) (view profile)|
|Date of posting||7/7/14|
The Latin American Montessori Bilingual Public Charter School (LAMB) is seeking a Bilingual Special Education Coordinator for school year 2014-2015.
* Bachelor's degree in Special Education or equivalent (Master's Preferred), teaching certification preferred.
* Two or more years of experience in urban setting.
* Bilingual preferred (English – Spanish).
* Demonstrate ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds.
* Open to becoming familiar with Montessori philosophy and method of education
Duties and Responsibilities
* Collaborate with LAMB personnel and peers for the purpose of implementing and maintaining services and/or programs.
* Coordinate curricular resources in the areas of special education services.
* Evaluate Special Education programs and/or projects for the purpose of carrying out and achieving objectives within area of responsibility.
* Implement assigned programs and/or projects for the purpose of conforming to district and state curriculum and/or instructional objectives.
* Perform personnel functions (e.g. recruitment, hiring, evaluations, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining adequate staffing, enhancing productivity of personnel and ensuring that objectives of Special Education programs are achieved within budget.
* Prepare documentation for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information.
* Present information on programs, services, regulations, etc. for the purpose of serving as a resource to other school personnel and the Board.
* Observe, supervise, train, consult with, and assist teaching staff and specialists in the development and implementation of individualized education programs (IEPs) for individuals with exceptional needs.
* Monitor program compliance in accordance with State and Federal law.
* Provide training and consultation to teachers, support staff, administration and parents in the areas of special education, to improve instructional capacity and student outcomes.
* Serve as representative in special education mediation and due process hearings.
* Coordinate the allocation of teaching and support staff to each site/program.
* Provide administrative support to principals, assistant principals and counselors.
* Other duties as assigned.
Salary commensurate with experience
Send resume and cover letter to Cristina Encinas, Principal, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.