Bilingual (Spanish) office Manager
|Organization||MESA Charter High School (view profile)|
|Classification||Administrative / Business Office|
|Date of posting||April 2, 2014|
Math, Engineering, and Science Academy (MESA) Charter High School is a new high school in Bushwick, Brooklyn. On August 19, 2013, we opened our doors to 132 9th graders. Our students come from thirty-three different middle schools, including public, parochial, and charter schools. Some are advanced students coming from magnet schools; others are beginning English Language Learners. What they all have in common is a desire to succeed. MESA students come to school every day, ready to work—we have a 95% attendance rate and a 96% punctuality rate, both significantly higher than other high schools in our district!
The role of the Office Manager is an integral part of MESA Charter High School’s success. The Office Manager will work closely with the Director of Operations and Leadership Team to ensure optimal systems and procedures are implemented across the organization.
Office Manager Job Duties Include:
• Work closely to provide executive level support to leadership team.
• Handle staff requests through responsiveness, follow-up and escalation, when needed.
• Work proactively to oversee all administrative office needs and special projects.
• Maintain master calendar of school events
• Oversee office key distribution, replacement and tracking.
• Open, sort, date, and disseminate incoming mail.
• Greet office visitors and answer all incoming office calls.
• Handle large mailings utilizing various tools, such as UPS, FedEx and mail merge.
• Assist in coordinating all logistics related to student events, such as school assemblies, field trips, and after-school activities
• Maintain daily student attendance records using the school database system and alert families of student absences on a daily basis
• Support ongoing student needs (reports of sickness, dress code issues, etc.) by maintaining consistent contact with families
• Assist with the management of student records and work to maintain updated and accurate files
• Manage the stock and sale of student supplies (such as calculators, pens, pencils, notebooks, and replacement planners)
• Maintain inventory of all school supplies, from copy paper to professional development materials to client supplies and work closely with the Director of Operations to place supply orders
• Handle Shipping / Receiving responsibilities including UPS, FedEx, Messenger Service.
• Ensure the maintenance of office facilities by communicating with building custodial personnel
• Ensure all common areas are adequately stocked with necessary supplies.
You’re a great fit for MESA if you:
• Have reporting and administrative writing skills.
• Excel at managing processes, organization, analyzing information, supply management, inventory control, problem solving, and verbal communication.
• Maintain professionalism at all times.
• Never settle for status quo and embrace change.
• Don’t believe you know everything.
• Easily admit your role in an unsuccessful project.
• Have great attention to detail and take pride in the end result.
• Great team work, and willing to assist wherever necessary.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 1 + years of bookkeeping, financial reporting and financial management experience, preferably not-for-profit, school, foundation or government organizations.
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Prior experience working in a Charter School is a plus.
• Spanish-speaker required
Salary: Highly competitive, commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to Shannon Browne, Director of Operations, at email@example.com with the subject heading “Office Manager.” Cover letter should specifically indicate why you want to work at MESA. APPLY BY EMAIL ONLY. Due to the nature of the position and the volume of applications received, MESA will not be able to reply to all submissions. MESA will contact candidates with next steps.