Associate Director of Mathematics
|Organization||Ascend Public Charter Schools|
|Date of posting||11/08/2017|
The associate director of mathematics will work closely with the Director of Upper School to help develop Ascend's Common Core-aligned math program. He or she adapts, curates, and paces research-based curricula; creates and refines assessments; develops and delivers professional development in these curricula to school directors, deans, and math teachers; and, in collaboration with the schools team, uses academic data to adjust and focus curriculum development and professional development.
Under the direction of the director of upper school mathematics, the associate director will:
- create, refine, adapt, curate, and pace commercial and “Ascend-developed” products that form the basis of the inquiry based three-part math program
- develop materials and supports or leads professional development for various members of the school's leadership team and teachers focused on mathematics content and the highest fidelity of implementation of the curricula
- Bachelor's degree, with an advanced degree strongly preferred
- a deep understanding of the Common Core and New York's Common Core-aligned state assessments
- broad familiarity with math pedagogies and programs and effective practice
Diversity at Ascend
Ascend is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community, both through our hiring practices and our focus on creating a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working and educating students. Ascend staff represent a wide diversity of racial, socio-economic, gender, religious, and national identities—opening a window to the entire Ascend community on the richness of humanity. We welcome all applicants who share our mission and vision to join us in our deeply consequential work.
Ascend Learning offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.