APCSA was conceived in 2008 by the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools, the Colorado League of Charter Schools, and others interested in convening public charter school attorneys. It is now sponsored by the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools. APCSA’s mission is to support charter school policy priorities nationally through legal advocacy.
Join the Alliance of Public Charter School Attorneys
Join other attorneys who support growth and equity for high-quality public charter schools and become a member of the Alliance of Public Charter School Attorneys (APCSA). APCSA serves as a research and networking hub for education attorneys to obtain and exchange information. It also seeks to educate and keep members current on the legal issues affecting charter schools, management organizations and boards both directly and indirectly. Membership is free, and benefits include:
- Publications on the legal obligations that charter school have with various state and federal programs and other legal resources;
- Continuing legal education programming through in-person and online seminars;
- A listserve to communicate with members; and
- Other tools for the development of an attorney’s practice.
To apply for membership, please fill out an application here.
Need Information on Charter Schools?
On this site, you can find:
- Basic information about charter schools, including answers to frequently asked questions;
- State-specific charter school data, including the number and location of schools, student demographics, school performance, and school management information; and
- How well each state’s law aligns to the model law developed by the National Alliance.