Charter School Students are Excelling Academically
MYTH: Charter school students do no better than traditional public school students.
FACT: A 2015 report by Stanford University’s Center for Research on Education Outcomes (CREDO) found that overall, students enrolled in urban charter schools gained 40 additional days of learning in math and 28 additional days in reading compared to their traditional public school peers. Given that more than half of all charter schools are in urban areas, this is a significant finding.
- Blog Post: New CREDO Study Shows Urban Charter Schools Outperform District Peers
- Blog Post: Los Angeles Charter Public Schools Shine in New NAEP Results
- Press Release: Stanford Study Shows Urban Charter Schools Outperform Peers in Reading and Math
- Video: 100% College Acceptance Rate at Haas Hall Academy
- Report: Separating Fact & Fiction: What You Need to Know About Charter Schools
Sign up to be a charter school supporter!