NAPCS in the News
- “Utah’s Charter Law Drops in Ranking Due to Other States’ Improvement,” NAPCS Model Law report cited in KSL, Feb. 12
- “Growth of Charter Schools in D.C. Continues,” Nina Rees (President & CEO) quoted in Washington Post, Feb. 10
- “State Ranks High in Charter Schools,” Nina Rees and Todd Ziebarth (Sr. Vice President for State Advocacy) quoted in American Press editorial, Feb. 9
News to Know
- “Bloomberg Gives Final State of the City Address,” Wall Street Journal, Feb. 15
- “Bill Seeks to Expand Oversight of Arizona Charters,” Arizona Republic, Feb. 14
- “PBS Series to Profile Charter School Success Stories,” San Francisco Chronicle, Feb. 13
- “Report: Cities Have Hundreds of Empty Schools for Sale,” Washington Post, Feb. 12
- “D.C.'s Doing Something Right: Number of Kids in Public Schools Keeps Rising,” Education Week’s Policy Notebook blog, Feb. 11
Facebook— The producers of Breakthroughs with Martin Sheen announced a new report series on success stories inside public charter school education, which are set to air this March. In an upcoming report, educators tell their stories about how public charter schools are giving students different ways to learn that are producing results in test scores and eventually college acceptance statistics.
Twitter— @annanicotera New research tackles question: are #charters more likely to push-out low-performing students? The short answer is no. bit.ly/12GlGnM
You can stay up to date on all the developments in the public charter school sector by subscribing to our regular news updates…Sign up here.