NAPCS in the News
- “Minnesota’s Charter Law Ranked No. 1,” NAPCS model law report cited in Forest Lake Times, Feb. 7
- “Critics of Montana’s public schools press lawmakers for options,” Lisa Grover (Sr. Director of State Advocacy) quoted, Laurel Outlook, Feb. 6
- “Idaho’s Charter School Law Could Be Revamped Soon,” NAPCS model law report cited in Idaho Statesman, Feb. 4
- “Florida praised for support of charter schools,” Nina Rees (President & CEO) and Todd Ziebarth (Sr. Vice President for State Advocacy) quoted on NAPCS model law, Pinnellas News, Feb. 3
- “Maine comes in second in 2013 rankings of state charter laws,” Nina Rees and Todd Ziebarth quoted on NAPCS model law, St. John Valley Times, Feb. 3
News to Know
- “The Demographic Power Behind Effective Charter Schools,”National Journal, Feb. 8
- “D.C. Public Charter School Enrollment Outpaces School District, Washington Post, Feb. 7
- “Maine Approves Two More Public Charter Schools,” Bangor Daily News, Feb. 6
- “Texas Judge Rules Public School Funding Unconstitutional, Except for Charters,” Washington Post, Feb. 5
- “Charter School Growth Fund Paying Off, Study Says,” Education Week’s Marketplace K-12 blog, Feb. 4
Facebook— In a recent CBS Evening News segment, Sci Academy senior Simone Smith was asked what it meant to be able to pick her public charter high school. Smith replied, "It meant everything. I don't think I would be here if I wasn't able to pick the high school that I wanted to go to. Because I don't feel like you can be truly educated without having a choice. I think having a choice is kind of education."
Twitter—@KendallMassett Great time learning with my @charteralliance Master's Class colleagues! pic.twitter.com/9Dkne3V7
You can stay up to date on all the developments in the public charter school sector by subscribing to our regular news updates…Sign up here.