NAPCS in the News
- “Public Charter Schools Reach New Milestone: Record 6,000 Schools Are Serving 2.3 Million Students,” Nina Rees (President & CEO) and NAPCS data quoted, PR Newswire, Jan. 15
- “Report Says Florida A National Leader In Charter School Growth — Another Says It’s Not Fast Enough,” Nina Rees and NAPCS data quoted, WLRN, Jan 15
- “California Charter Schools Grow At Fastest U.S. Rate,” NAPCS data cited, Huffington Post, Jan. 15
- “Report: Florida second in nation in public charters,” NAPCS data cited, Miami Herald, Jan. 15
News to Know
- “Massachusetts Bill Would End Charter Cap,” Boston Globe, Jan. 18
- “Mississippi Senate Passes Charter School Bill,” Clarion Ledger, Jan. 17
- “New York City Mayoral Candidate Outlines Education Proposals,” Wall Street Journal, Jan. 16
- “Study: Michigan Charters Give Students an Edge,” Detroit News, Jan. 15
- “Tennessee Lawmakers to Consider Statewide Charter Authorizer,” Memphis Commercial Appeal, Jan. 14
Facebook—Public Charter Schools Reach New Milestone: Record 6,000 Schools Are Serving 2.3 Million Students. “The growth of the public charter sector continues because parents are demanding quality options for their children,” said Nina Rees, NAPCS president and CEO. Learn more about the growth in public charter schools and student enrollment here.
Twitter—@educationweek There are a record 6,000 #charter schools for the 2012-13 school year, @charteralliance says: blogs.edweek.org/edweek/charter… via @EWKatieAsh
You can stay up to date on all the developments in the public charter school sector by subscribing to our regular news updates…Sign up here.