NAPCS in the News
This week, NAPCS released its 4th annual model law rankings. The report received over 42 media placements, and Nina Rees (President & CEO) and Todd Ziebarth (Senior VP of State Advocacy) were frequently quoted. Some of the media coverage of the model law report includes:
Education Week’s Charters & Choice blog, EdNews Colorado, WDEL, Minnesota Public Radio, KAAL-TV, MinnPost, Daily Herald, Pueblo Chieftain, Sun-Sentinel, WFSU, State Impact, NewsChief, Times-Picayune, Advocate, EdSource, Post and Courier, MLive, Atlanta Business Chronicle, KLAS-TV, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, CityWire, Boise State Public Radio, WPRI, Virginia Business, MarketWatch, Seattle Weekly, Advocate, Union Leader, Post and Courier, Clarion Ledger
News to Know
- “Charters' Path to Success or Failure Set Early, Study Finds,” Education Week’s Charters & Choice blog, Feb. 1st
- "Most New Jersey Charter School Facilities Outdated, Analysis Finds,” Star Ledger, Jan. 31
- “Former Florida Governor Urges Independent Authorizer for Arkansas,” NWA Online, Jan. 30
- “Texas Charter Schools Say Their Smaller Share of State Aid is Unconstitutional,” Austin American-Statesman, Jan. 29
- “National School Choice Week to Include 3,500 Events in 50 States,” Education Week’s “Charters & Choice” blog, Jan. 28
Facebook— Photo Album: National School Choice Week Celebration in Wyoming.
Twitter—Today we released our 2013 annual rankings of state charter school laws. How did your state measure up? bit.ly/Wresj7
You can stay up to date on all the developments in the public charter school sector by subscribing to our regular news updates…Sign up here.